Débora was a member of the group between 2011/12. She concluded her Master of Science in Applied Microbiology, on the 26th September 2012, from the Superior School of Biotechnology, Porto and received a grade of 17 out of 20. Her thesis was entitled “Development of PNA Fish methods for the identification of Lactobacilli” and was co-supervised by Manuela Pintado (ESB-UCP).
Débora’s latest paper…
“Prevalence of Gardnerella vaginalis and Atopobium vaginae in Portuguese women and association with risk factors for bacterial vaginosis” reports the first Portuguese epidemiological study related to bacterial vaginosis, with a special focus given in the vaginal colonization by biofilm forming microorganisms.
(Full list of publications at Pubmed)
Débora has also contributed in the following scientific meetings:
- 8th meeting of the European Society for Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics and Gyneacology, 25-27 October 2013, London, United Kingdom
- Biofilms 5, 10-12 December 2012, Paris, France
- 6th ASM conference on Biofilms, 29 September – 4 October 2012, Miami, USA
- Microbiotec11, 1-3 December 2011, Braga, Portugal
- GRC Microbial Adhesion & Signal Transduction, July 24-29, 2011, Newport, RI, USA