Ana was a post-doc in the group since the end of 2010 till February 2013. She had a BSc in Applied Microbiology (2002, University of Glamorgan, Trefforest, Wales, UK) and a PhD in Medical Microbiology (2006, University of Wales, Cardiff, UK). She worked on the project “The role of Gardnerella vaginalis biofilms in Bacterial Vaginosis”. She was also the co-supervisor of Patrícia Alves MSc thesis.
Ana’s latest paper…
“In silico vs in vitro analysis of primer specificity for the detection of Gardnerella vaginalis, Atopobium vaginae and Lactobacillus spp.” describes a PCR-based method that can be used to identify important microorganisms involved in bacterial vaginosis, as a diagnostic complementary tool.
(Full list of publications at Pubmed)
Ana has co-authored chapters in the following books:
Ana has also contributed in the following scientific meetings:
- 8th meeting of the European Society for Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics and Gyneacology, 25-27 October 2013, London, United Kingdom
- Biofilms 5, 10-12 December 2012, Paris, France
- 6th ASM conference on Biofilms, 29 September – 4 October 2012, Miami, USA
- Microbiotec11, 1-3 December 2011, Braga, Portugal
- GRC Microbial Adhesion & Signal Transduction, July 24-29, 2011, Newport, RI, USA