Begoña was a member of the group as a post-doc, working at ICBAS, under the main supervision of Manuel Vilanova (2012/2013), in the theme of S. epidermidis immune evasion. She had a BSc Biology (2007), MSc in Immunology (2007) and PhD in Immunology (2011) all from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain.
Begonã has contributed in the following scientific meetings:
- EMBO Viruses of microbes: Structure and function, from molecules to communities, 14-18 July 2014, Zurich, Switzerland
- XXXIX Annual Meeting of the Portuguese Society of Immunology, 11-15 November 2013, Coimbra, Portugal
- BioMicroWorld2013: V International Conference on Environmental, Industrial and Applied Microbiology, 2-4 October 2013, Madrid, Spain
- Biofilms 5, 10-12 December 2012, Paris, France
- XXXVIII annual meeting of the Portuguese Society for Immunology, 25-27 November 2012, Porto, Portugal